Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Musings at the End of Our Homeschool Year: A Journal Entry from May 24, 2015

The children and I had a lovely day full of ordinary things yesterday - like so many days before - passed in a happy, busy, good-natured way of being together. I enjoy my children more than can be expressed. They are authentic people who are kind, smart, possess a sense of humor, and are generally charming. I am sure I must be partial in my assessment, but in all honesty, they are excellent human beings and friends.

This is really why I homeschool. We enjoy each others company and we all work towards the mutual building up of each other's strengths, the pursuit of dreams and desired skills, the chipping away at our faults, and the shared dream of a better, kinder, more peaceful world.

I can think of no way I would rather spend my time, vitality, and resources - than in providing for the mutual acceptance, improvement, and inspiration of my family and my community. 

In this way, it matters not whether we, as a family, change the world - or, perhaps I should say, come to see and touch the change we have wrought upon it. We have changed ourselves, and in doing so, have made ripples on that great cosmic pond.

It is more than enough.


No comments: